Vegetarian Wrap

Here I will explain how to make what I think is a unique delicious vegetarian wrap.  It is salty, spicy and fresh.

First off, pick the right wrap.  I have had a lot of wraps that really made me not want to eat wraps.  Many of them are too dry, some are flavored badly, and others both.  So if you do not have a wrap that you like try Flat-Out brand multi-grain with flax.  These are not dry, well flavored and best of all... oval.  This helps them not to rip when you roll them up.

I start with a wrap.  This is not a Flat-Out wrap as my store was sold out.

 

Next I add some cheese.  I know that without my saying so you would never think to add cheese.

Follow this up with some Organic Girl baby spring mix.  This is my favorite lettuce.  It is good quality, very tasty and already washed so all you need to do is apply it to your food.

Here is where it gets interesting.  I add to these obvious toppings...   Organic Soy Nuts.  These are salted and roasted.  They add a nice dimension of flavor as well as lots of protein.  I put these in a sandwich bag and crushed them with my palm before I added them to reduce their tendency to escape my lunch.



Now it's time for the star of the dish.  Homemade corn salsa.  I put some corn, chopped onion, diced tomato, garden grown Cajun bell peppers, Yellow bell peppers and one jalapeño in a frying pan.  For more spice, put the seeds from the jalapeño in the pan.  I then added some butter and oregano and sauteed them until the onion was nice and caramelized and everything began to brown.  Be careful not to cook this on too high of a temperature because the corn will pop.  When finished I put it in a Pyrex bowl in the fridge for future use.  Here are some shots of the final product.

It's every bit as tasty as it looks.

Comments

  1. Lovely! I'll check out the Flat-Out wraps. The salsa sounds pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts